Grassroots Organizing Success:
- Since 2013, we have engaged supporters in nearly 7,000 volunteer shifts.
- Held 870 local actions in ten regions, including 28 in-district legislator meetings.
- Held 32 in-Capitol action and lobby days.
- Generated nearly 46,000 grassroots contacts with legislators.
- Collected and shared 435 personal stories.
- Contributed to 464 media stories about our policy priorities in 13 media markets.
- Built a base of 21,011 supporters on our list.
- Built a following of 5,324 on Facebook, 3,318 on Twitter, and 300 on Instagram.
Public Policy Success:
- Passing legislation to protect Missourians from Surprise Emergency Room Bills (2018)
- Helping to pass legislation to extend Medicaid coverage for new moms with substance use disorders (2018)
- Supported two successful campaigns to extend federal funding for the Children’s Health Insurance Program (2015 and 2018)
- Stopping SB 28, which would have slashed funding for Medicaid (2017)
- Leading Missouri’s part of the successful national effort to stop attempts to weaken the Affordable Care Act and Medicaid (2017)
- Passing Rate Review legislation to improve transparency in insurance premiums (2016)
- Helping to pass legislation to raise Medicaid asset limits for people with disabilities, allowing them to save for basic expenses without losing their health care
- Stopping deep proposed budget cuts to health, senior, and social services (2015)