Missouri Health Care for All Internships
Missouri Health Care for All is seeking interns to move our mission forward in the Springfield and St. Louis-metro regions. Undergraduate and Graduate internships and practicums available. Policy-focused internships and practicums available in the Mid-Missouri region. Reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org with program-specific questions. Multi-semester opportunities available.
About the Organization: Missouri Health Care for All was founded on the principle that every Missourian deserves access to quality affordable health care. We work with faith communities, community groups, people who need health care, and grassroots supporters statewide to make these principles a reality. Currently, our issues include: increasing access to insurance, preventing cuts to current services, non-emergency medical transportation, strengthening consumer protections, and building a strong and sustainable movement.
We have a staff of six full-time individuals plus dedicated volunteers, interns and organizing fellows, with offices in St. Louis, Springfield, Joplin, Jefferson City, and Dexter.
About the Grassroots Organizing Internship: This position is ideal for anyone with a passion or interest in access to health care, grassroots organizing, personal stories, and the political process. We are looking for a flexible, detail-oriented, passionate and personable candidate who is eager to learn and strengthen the work of our growing organization.
- Identify and interview supporters with health care stories.
- Recruit and mobilize individual supporters in the greater Springfield region and in support of our statewide efforts.
- Learn & execute organizing tactics which may include in-district meetings with legislators, visibility events, development of organizing teams, and more.
- Identify and engage supportive organizations.
- Identify and build leadership among active volunteers.
- On occasion, conduct educational presentations on health care issues.
- Data entry and management.
- Other duties as assigned.
The ideal candidate will have the following skills and experiences:
- Passion for Missouri Health Care for All’s mission
- The ability to connect with a diverse group of people
- Experience building relationships with volunteers and coalition partners
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including public speaking skills
Please send cover letter and resume to email@example.com
Missouri Health Care for All is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate against any person on the basis or race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, military service, or any legally protected status.