Tell Senator Cunningham and Representative Rhoads to support Medicaid Expansion
Senator Mike Cunningham: 800-980-4407
Representative Shawn Rhoads: 573-751-1455
Missouri has an opportunity to expand Medicaid to 138% of the Federal Poverty Level, or about $26,000 a year for a family of three. Expanding Medicaid would be good for Missouri and good for Howell County.
If Missouri expands Medicaid:
- 300,000 Missourians gain health coverage – nearly 3,000 in Howell County and more than 10,000 in South Central Missouri
- Rural communities like those in Howell County benefit from better health and critical economic investment.
- Working families get the care they need to stay healthy
- $2 Billion of Missouri tax dollars come back to our state. This money can pay for critical preventive care, doctor visits, medicines, and jobs.
- Missouri saves hundreds of millions of dollars on current programs
- 24,000 jobs are created and saved statewide
- Local hospitals are strengthened and protected
If Missouri doesn’t expand Medicaid:
- Local hospitals face devastating budget cuts.
- Missouri loses jobs. A recent report shows our state has already lost 3,000 jobs at hospitals statewide because we haven’t expanded Medicaid. More cuts will likely occur if the state doesn’t expand Medicaid this year.
- 700 Missourians die every year because they are uninsured
Click here for more information on the impact expanding Medicaid will have on our local community in Howell County.
Click here for how Medicaid Expansion will benefit Senate District 33, which includes Howell County.
Who Supports Medicaid Expansion:
- Ozarks Medical Center
- Greater West Plains Area Chamber of Commerce
- Missouri Chamber of Commerce
- Southwest Center for Independent Living
- Missouri Nurses Association
- And many more
Working people deserve health care. Howell County deserves jobs. Medicaid Expansion is a win-win.