We hear this question a lot: “Should I really keep calling Blunt and McCaskill about the health care bill?” As long as they’ve got votes left to take, they should continue to receive reminders about what their constituents want them to do.
You don’t have to stop after you call Senators Blunt and McCaskill. If you’re looking for something else to do after you’ve made your calls: Consider reaching out to friends in the following states and make sure they’ve called too. These are the Senators who most need pressure to vote no on the so-called “Skinny Repeal” bill.
People should tell these Senators: We know that Skinny Repeal will lead right back to the American Health Care Act, with deep Medicaid cuts and millions losing coverage. Please do what’s right for our state and vote no.
Who do you know in the following states who can call, e-mail, or tweet at their Senators (ideally, do all three)?
- Nevada (Senator Heller) (Twitter: @SenDeanHeller)
- Kansas (Senator Moran) (Twitter: @JerryMoran)
- West Virginia (Senator Capito) (Twitter: @CapitoforWV )
- Ohio (Senator Portman) (Twitter: @senrobportman)
- Arizona (Senator Flake, Senator McCain) (Twitter: @JeffFlake and @SenJohnMcCain )
- Louisiana (Senator Cassidy) (Twitter: @BillCassidy)
- Tennessee (Senator Corker, Senator Alexander) (Twitter: @SenBobCorker and @SenAlexander)
- Alaska (Senator Murkowski) (Twitter: @lisamurkowski)
- Maine (Senator Collins) (Twitter: @SenatorCollins)
Remember, you can call any Senator by calling (202) 224-3121 and asking to be connected to that Senator’s office.
Want to do even more? Indivisible has a website set up where you can call voters in key states and ask them to call their Senators. You can volunteer for as much or as little time as you have. Click here for more information.