The COVID-19 pandemic is a public health crisis greater than any we have seen in our lifetimes. Unfortunately, our country’s and state’s broken health care system, partisan and ideological leadership, unresolved racism, and weakened public health systems are exacerbating the crisis, and will undeniably lead to losses that could have been prevented.
Missouri Health Care for All is responding with a comprehensive plan intended to provide accurate information and advocate for a public response adequate to protect Missourians’ health, lives, financial security, and civil and democratic rights.
Here is a list of the ways we are responding, and how you can help!
- Take Action: Tell Governor Parson that he must strengthen Missouri’s statewide stay-at-home order right away to flatten the curve.
- Our staff are working from home and following social distancing guidelines, but you can still reach us!
- Read and share our COVID-19 Explainer
- Contact a local organizer in St. Louis, Kansas City, Springfield, Joplin, or Jefferson County to ask about resources in your community.
- Share your COVID-19 story.
- Visit our coalition website, www.actnowmissouri.org, for opportunities to take action on a range of COVID-19 actions.
- Advocate for Medicaid Expansion, a need that this pandemic has made more obvious than ever before. Contact us if you’re interested in writing a letter to the editor!
- We’re also working on coordinating the work of the numerous Missouri advocacy organizations working to address different areas of COVID-19 policy, from health care funding to the sustainability of child care systems. Stay tuned for more!
- Donate to sustain Missouri Health Care for All’s work.